The Novel Diary: Week 37

Word count: 40,082.

Nothing changes, but this week I mean it: I will finally enjoy a little beer, be it Back Road Stout or whatever, and begin to reason through my novel trouble. I did not tonight since I was reminiscing about football games of yore, but will start in earnest tomorrow night. I promise.

Sometime this week (probably Thursday) will be the one-month mark in my novel break. Did I intend to take this much time off? Not really, but it feels good. I need the break, especially with college football in full swing. Also, I am building a dynasty in the most recent edition of NCAA Football. This time I am molding lowly San Jose State into a national powerhouse. Seriously. The formula is easy: win and recruit better athletes. After two seasons I am noticing results on the field, and the team’s overall rating has climbed to a C-. (It was a D or D-, so things are looking up for the Spartans.)

Comments

Popular Posts