The Novel Diary: Week 34


Word counts: 3,665 (Chapter 7); 40,077 (total).

I did it. I eclipsed the 40k mark before the start of college football season. I passed it last Tuesday night and have not written a word since. Having reached my goal, I could not get myself to write last Wednesday. I allowed myself to be completely taken over by my old addiction to NCAA Football, this time to the newest version. (I started a dynasty with San Jose State and the recruiting system in the game is intense.) Thursday night was, obviously, lost to college football’s kickoff.

Having spent the last five days completely immersed in football, I am unsure if I will finish Chapter 7 this week or not. I just need to tie the end. If I do, I will start tomorrow because I am too hypnotized by Maryland’s new helmet design. (With an alumni connection to the founder of Under Armour, Maryland will now become the Oregon Ducks of the east coast.) Frankly, I need to end Chapter 7 so I can take a much-needed break, working on something else, and reboot. Perhaps with a little Back Roads Stout, as I have been saying for the past few weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts