My resolutions for 2022: The year-end assessment

Flathead Lake

I kept my list of resolutions for 2022 short to make them easier to remember, easier to stick in my conscience so I would accomplish them. How did that work, especially when adding a fifth member to the family this year? Let’s find out!

1. Drop below 180 pounds ... and stay there.
I did not do this, again. I weighed 197 the first time I weighed myself in 2022 and weighed 198.6 on Friday. Though I did not lose weight, I did not gain any, either (so I got that going for me). I mostly stayed within the high 190s, topping 200 a handful of times. It is still too high for my preference. I wrote “I need to be consistent” at the beginning of the year; I wanted to maintain willpower and focus regardless of what the scale told me every Friday morning. I did not do that.

2. Write and read more.
I did not do this. I wrote more BotW posts, which I am proud of, but did not write two posts per week as I resolved. I read a couple books, but not the one or two per month I wanted. One thing I did do is start a “To write” list on my phone, so that is (or at least will be) helpful.

3. Reach 1,000 beer reviews.
I did not do this, but I am very close. I was on track to do it, but I did not write enough reviews in December. I will do it in the next few weeks, which gives me time to continue to think about what will be BotW #1000.

4. Finish getting the Led out.
I did not finish getting the Led out, but I set up the turntable The Foxy Lady gave me, listened to Led Zeppelin IV, and took notes. I even started writing a post by hand, but did not finish it.

I was 0-4 this year. Not good. But tomorrow is a new year. Going forward, I like the shorter list of resolutions, even though they were not necessarily easier to remember … or accomplish.

Comments

Popular Posts