Beer of the Weekend #996: Mosacious Pale Ale

The beer of the weekend is another single can that I got for my birthday: Mosacious Pale Ale, brewed by Alluvial Brewing of Ames, Iowa.

Mosacious Pale Ale

Serving type: 16-ounce can. There is no freshness date.

Appearance: Poured into my Number One Pint Glass. The color is hazy medium gold. A finger of off-white, buttery, bubble-spotted head leaves a bubbly skim and collar.

Smell: Peach and subtle tropical fruit, like mango. It is mellow and muted overall and nothing stands out. Earthy hops are noticeable, or maybe it is a figment of my imagination because I am trying to find something.

Taste: Light vegetal suspension, but nothing bad. Peach, earthy hops, mango creamsicle, light fruit.  Nothing stands out, much like the aroma. It has a nice bite with a metallic edge. I wonder if this can has been around a while, which would explain why the aroma and flavor are so muted.

Fun facts about Mosacious Pale Ale:

• Style: Pale ale.

• Price: $6.45 is printed on a sticker on the side, but I didn’t pay it since it was a gift.

• Alcohol content: 6.3 percent ABV.

• IBU: 45.


The Quiet Man’s grade: C.

Comments

Popular Posts