Bracketology 2013: post-Third Round

Bracket #1


I am batting .500 on Sweet Sixteen teams. I could have done much better, but I could have done much worse (see Bracket #2).

Gonzaga did not advance, and neither did St. Louis or Minnesota. Grr. On Saturday night, I was pleading for Butler to beat Marquette because I thought I advanced the Bulldogs to the Sweet Sixteen on #1. Well, imagine my relief when I saw Marquette written in blue ink instead. I happily highlighted that successful pick.

Picking half of the Sweet Sixteen means I could (fingers crossed) nail up to six Elite Eight teams. Georgetown and Wisconsin hit the busses a long time ago, but six successful picks in the regional finals would give me a ton of points. I cannot remember how many points are awarded for each round, but the amounts increase the deeper we go.

Bracket #2


My Final Four has been cut in half. #2’s South is done. Only Ohio State is alive in the West, Michigan State in the Midwest, and Syracuse in the East. I am hoping, though, #2 looks like everyone else’s bracket.

Popular Posts