The Novel Diary: Week 27

Word counts: 1,593 (Chapter 6); 32,200 (total).

Last week I gave an awful effort. Horrible. I was lazy and uncommitted. Maybe I should hire a football coach to keep me hyped and focused every night. I did not write last night because I returned from my softball game at 9:30. Drenched in sweat, I was in no mood to write. (The bank sign across from the softball complex in Coralville said it was still 87º at 8:30). (However, I did end up having what amounted to a career-best game: I was 2-3 with a RBI and one run.) So tonight I started yet another effort to buckle down. I even turned down an invitation to chill at Bobblehead’s. It’s on!

However, just because I want to write does not necessarily mean I will write anything of substance. However, I am getting there. Just not very quickly. Hopefully I will have better things to report next week.

Comments

Popular Posts