Football!


While driving Mervgotti to the airport last night, I passed a caravan of charter buses on Interstate 80 in Coralville. The back of the lead bus featured the logo of Northern Illinois University. The Huskies were on their way to Ames for tonight’s season opener with the Cyclones.

The 2010 college football season is underway!

As is my annual ritual, I was in front of the ol’ boob tube in time to greet Lou, Mark, and John Saunders (filling in for Rece Davis) on ESPN’s College Pregame Special to open the season. However, I didn’t watch the traditional opener at South Carolina. My old man and I endured the Marshall-Ohio State blowout (gotta support the Big Ten, despite the Buckeyes’ cupcake early schedule) before switching over to Northern Illinois-Iowa State.

Oh, sacred game. How I missed thee.

Along with a facelift to its graphics package, ESPN seems to have altered their iconic college football theme music. I don’t like it. I much prefer the theme they used previously. There was just something fitting about it that always lifted my spirits. Often, during the long summer stretch when baseball was wearing on me and I felt myself succumbing to football deficiency, I would watch this video on YouTube:



It always excited me, and I hope it’s reinstated.

Regardless, though, I’m excited anyway because college football is finally back!

Go Hawks!

Comments

Popular Posts