Failure, "Stuck on You" and "Undone"





Like college radio, YouTube can also broaden your music horizons.

The related links to Blinker the Star’s “Below the Sliding Doors” featured a number of videos from a band called Failure. I’d never heard of them, so, curious, I decided to watch and see what they were all about. They’ve been stuck in my head (get it?) ever since.

I like their sound a lot. The grunge/post-grunge rock of the ‘90s influenced my taste in music, and Failure’s heavy, distorted, and melancholy melodies tickle me in the right places (tickling, though, isn’t very grunge). “Stuck on You” was released in ’96, and “Undone” in ’94. Both give me an odd sense of nostalgia for my junior high years and the retro/‘70s/Dazed and Confused/shop class stoner look the genre popularized.

Comments

Popular Posts