Beer of the Weekend #1,024: The Real Slim Shandy

The beer of the weekend, after a smoke-filled week, is the other lemon-flavored beer I picked up last week: The Real Slim Shandy, brewed by the Barn Town Brewing Company of West Des Moines, Iowa.

The Real Slim Shandy

Serving type: 16-ounce can. There is no freshness date.

Appearance: Poured into a pilsner glass. The color is hazy gold. A finger of off-white, buttery head settles quickly and leaves an even skim and collar.

Smell: Shandy! It smells like summer! There are scents of lemonade and sparkling water or Sprite.

Taste: It reminds me a lot of lemon drops or Lemonheads. It has that tart, lemon, and sugar surge. It is really good and crushable. The lemon fades but leaves the tartness and sugar.

Fun facts about RSS:

• Style: Shandy

• Price: $14.99 for a four-pack of 16-ounce cans.

• Alcohol content: 4.8 percent ABV.

• The beer’s name is a reference to Eminem’s “The Real Slim Shady.” I know the song, but Eminem has never interested me. Perhaps I should revisit his stuff.

• TIL there is an alt rock band called The Lemonheads from Boston. They are named after the candy.

• Fortunately for me, I will be drinking all four cans myself. The Foxy Lady thinks this beer is disgusting. She does not like fruity beers. I will not repeat all the words she uses, but she does not like them.


The Quiet Man’s grade: B+.

Comments

Popular Posts