Good Tunes: Crossfade, 'So Far Away'



It has been a long time since I posted a good tune, so it is fitting that I share this forgotten favorite that I stumbled across today: “So Far Away” by Crossfade.

Included on the band’s self-titled 2004 album, the track evokes a lot of emotions and memories, though nothing specific. It is all tied to that era for me. College, late nights with the Apartment 12 crew, sunsets, peaceful strolls through campus after dark, The Que Bar. What I think of most is driving in my POS Jetta at night, listening to the song on the radio. It brings to mind peaceful, pensive, lonely moments. It was an interesting time and Rock 108 provided the soundtrack.

What or who was I thinking about? The Foxy Lady. Where she was, what she was doing, wishing she was there with me. She was, at the time, “so far away.” (Some of the other lyrics do not fit how I felt about her, but “so far away” resonated with me back then.)

The whole album is a welcome blast from the past. Songs like “Cold,” “Colors,” “The Deep End,” and “The Unknown” are all familiar  and recall similar things from that time, but none like “So Far Away.”

Comments

Popular Posts