Beer of the Weekend #968: Hop Horizon IPA

The beer of the weekend last weekend was a little something I picked up on my trip to DC: Hop Horizon IPA, brewed by Tröegs Independent Brewing of Hershey, Pennsylvania.

Hop Horizon IPA

Gotta love a brewery that uses an umlaut.

Serving type: 12-ounce can. “FRESHEST BY 06/24/2022” is printed on the bottom.

Appearance: Poured into a pint glass. The color is hazy, light gold. Dense, off-white, bubbly head settles slowly and leaves trails of foam.

Smell: It smells good! It is very dank and weed-like with pine, tropical fruit, and citrus. There are scents of grapefruit, pineapple, and mango.

Taste: It mostly mirrors the aroma: very dank and weed-like with a lot of tropical fruit, citrus, and pine. The Foxy Lady says it even coats the mouth much like a hit. It is creamy and has an Orange Julius element. This is a really good beer!

Fun facts about Hop Horizon IPA:

• Style: IPA.

• Price: I thought I grabbed the receipt, but I don’t know where it is. Anyway, I bought it at Shawnee Springs Market on US 522 in Cross Junction, Virginia.

• Alcohol content: 6.5 percent ABV.

• Food pairings: The beer’s webpage has complementary, contrasting, and adverse recommendations, which is pretty cool. There is even a downloadable PDF.

• Here is the description found on the can and webpage:


Ever smelled a hop field in full bloom? Hop Horizon is your shortcut to where the sky meets the bines. A blend of pale malts, wheat and oats lays down a base of gentle grain. Then a combination of Citra, Mosaic and Sabro hops unleashes juicy waves of sweet citrus and bubblegum with a punch of tropical fruit.

• It took me a while to remember the word dank to describe the beer’s weed-like character. I wrote in my notes, “I can’t pin down the word I want to use.”

The Quiet Man’s grade: A.

Comments

Popular Posts