My resolutions for 2021: The year-end assessment

High Falls

It’s New Year’s Eve, so it’s time to assess how I did on the resolutions I made for 2021. Let’s assess the damage.

1. Drop below 180 pounds ... and stay there.
This did not happen. I weighed 197.6 pounds this morning. The lowest I got all year was 190.4. Not good. I need to do better in 2022.

2. Get stronger, slim down, and stay loose.
Um ... maybe I got stronger, though I did not slim down. I stayed loose despite long stretches when I did not stretch regularly, so I was two out of three on this one.

3. Keep running, and run 10 miles nonstop.
I continued running, though I did not run 10 miles nonstop. I think my longest run all year was 4.6 miles.

4. Replace the pedals on my Raleigh and cycle more.
I replaced the pedals on my Raleigh but did not cycle more. My problem down under is returning, so I’ve avoided my bike seat.

5. Play cards more often and learn euchre.
I did not do either of these. I did not play many card games this year and did not learn euchre.

6. Watch more sunsets.
I don’t know if I watched any sunsets in 2021. I admired one while running a few weeks ago, but that was about it.

7. Write and read more.
Didn’t happen.

8. Finish getting the Led out.
I did not do this, either. However, The Foxy Lady gave me a turntable and Led Zeppelin IV on vinyl for my birthday, so I plan to listen to it sometime soon.

Comments

Popular Posts