Good Tunes: Superchunk, 'Fishing'



I chatted with Zee German on Saturday night, and he told me his wife was seeing Jawbreaker perform in LA. The name sounded familiar, so I checked the all-knowing Internet and found that I definitely know Jawbreaker: the band's song "Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault" is part of the epic soundtrack to NCAA Football 06.

Of course, that led me to looking up the entire soundtrack on Wikipedia and listening to some songs on YouTube, including "Hyper Enough" by Superchunk. I posted that good tune in the past, along with "Precision Auto," but I found another Superchunk song that tickles me the right way: "Fishing."

The song is fun and fast, and the music video is intriguing. I have no clue what's going on or what the deeper meaning could be, but it's weird and entertaining at the same time, like the band members had a camera, a spotlight, a truck, a friend with hunting and fishing gear, milk, name tags, access to a three-season porch, and popsicles. Smells like a music video!

Popular Posts