Iowa 90, Northwestern 84


Basketball, basketball, basketball! That is all I have posted about for the past couple weeks. It’s not a bad thing but I think a little more variety is needed in the coming weeks. I’ll see what I can do about that.

Nonetheless, my mom told me I should recognize last night’s milestone win at Carver and I decided it was, in fact, a good idea and only fair. With the Hawkeye’s 90–84 win over the Wildcats last night, Lisa Bluder notched her 270th win at Iowa and became the school’s all-time winningest women’s basketball coach.

I suppose this is the best time to admit that I need to go to more women’s basketball games. Shamefully, I bet the last time I attended an Iowa women’s basketball game was when C. Vivian Stringer was still the coach (I was probably in fifth or sixth grade). Bluder’s Bunch have a small, dedicated following but they deserve much more attention and love, especially from UI students. Carver will host subregional games in the 2014 Women’s NCAA Tournament and I am sure Iowa has a good chance of playing at home, so I should definitely look into tickets.

Congrats, Coach Bluder!

Popular Posts