The Novel Diary: Week 64

Word count: 1,992 (Chapter 6 (2.0)); 46,352 (total).

Tonight I am taking a break to watch the National Championship game. Under seven minutes left in the game, it looks like Wildcat fans will be rioting again tonight. Every year one team cuts down the nets while everyone else watches.

Much like I was lamenting in my journal earlier tonight, I once again feel like I am writing slop. Though I have a chapter-by-chapter outline, I have no guide points for the micro/daily level. I know what I ultimately want to do with each chapter, but when I sit at my desk each night I have no clue what to write, how to get to that pivotal point. However, I do not know if that is a lack of motivation during this current chapter or more a consequence of poor planning: I placed two major events back-to-back when, in my gut, I want space between them. I can add space later, though, and perhaps I should just go with the flow. Plus, I know exactly what to write when I return to the novel tomorrow night, so perhaps this was also a fleeting problem.

Comments

Popular Posts