When the lights go out at Wrigley


The lights went out at Wrigley during the Dodgers-Cubs game tonight. About a half-inning later the video feed died, so WGN televised its radio broadcast for the remainder of the fourth. I’m wearing my Geovany Soto shirt and feeling partial to Dodger blue. If the Dodgers win, cool; if the Cubs rally to win, cool. But I’d rather the Dodgers win.

Ahh… A lazy night watching baseball.

Not much is going on tonight. The rest of the crew are unavailable, my parents are watching a shitty rental (the volume on the living room TV is so high I wonder if they are going deaf), and I’ve decided to spend the evening in the basement watching the game before sitting outside and enjoying the perfect night with the last of my German Pilsners. It’s the type of spring night that I think about when I watch Dazed and Confused, and I’m using it to reacclimate to my culture roots.

Comments

Popular Posts