Good Tunes: Deftones, 'Sex Tape'



It’s Tuesday and time for another Deftones gem: “Sex Tape.”

This is dreamy Deftones, sensual Deftones. The song is entrancing and soothing. It makes me happy and gives me a warm feeling inside. It evokes a post-sunset beach vibe, when the western horizon is glowing but the colors are fading to black. The ocean analogy also makes me think of going to the beach at night, something I’ve always wanted to do with the Foxy Lady. I love how the song slowly builds and builds, gently enticing you. It is a good tune.

“Sex Tape” is found on Diamond Eyes. I once heard that Deftones albums are like Star Trek movies: every other one is good. However, I have not had that experience while listening through them on Spotify. They all seem unique and special in their own way. (I think I still need to listen to Gore and Ohms.)

Comments

Popular Posts