Good Tunes: Foo Fighters, 'Stacked Actors'



The Oscars always make me think of this good tune, which recently turned 20: “Stacked Actors” by Foo Fighters.

Included on There Is Nothing Left to Lose (which I should buy at some point), “Stacked Actors” is Dave Grohl’s middle finger to Hollywood. Grohl told SwayMag.com in 1999 that

"Stacked Actors" is a response to living in Hollywood for about a year and a half, and my disdain and disgust of everything plastic and phony, which is the foundation of that city. And I just hated it. I had a lot of fun, but I had a lot of fun hating it.

It seems very similar to my reaction to some aspects of SoCal (not all, of course), so I have another appreciation for “Stacked Actors.”

“Stacked Actors” has always stuck with me. Also, it has a special place in my heart since it was probably among the first MP3s I downloaded on Napster.

A good live version can be found here.

Comments

Popular Posts