IHSAA Football Week 8

Tonight the Linn-Mar Lions paid a visit to Bates Field on City High’s Senior Night. It was a marquee battle between undefeated teams. My old man had family business to tend to, so I went to the game with Saucy, my sister’s boyfriend.

The Little Hawks stormed down the field on their first possession for a touchdown (the PAT failed), and I thought this was going to be another overly hyped game. City High faced a ranked and supposedly talented CR Washington team a few weeks ago at Kingston and just fucking destroyed them. However, these were no cowardly Lions. The ensuing kickoff was taken inside the City High 30, and Linn-Mar started their first offensive possession on the CHS 11 after a horse-collar infraction was marched off. The Lions scored on a QB sneak and added the extra point for a 7-6 lead.

After two Little Hawk TDs, Linn-Mar found its groove with a zone read option that befuddled the Little Hawk defense. The Lions’ little tailback was a quick and elusive runner, spinning around tacklers, and their QB was able to scramble for big yardage. If it were not for an impressive CHS kickoff return for a touchdown, the Little Hawks would have been shut out in the second quarter; their offensive coordinator was calling a horrible game. At halftime City High held a 26-24 lead, and Linn-Mar had all the momentum.

At halftime I took a piss in the infamous men’s bathroom on the home side. (I don’t think I have ever been in the men’s room on the visiting side.) I say infamous because there is one toilet and two long troughs. I had to stand in line because nobody feels like standing shoulder to shoulder with other men while they take a leak. Mervgotti calls it “Urinal Etiquette.” I call it being a fucking pussy. Of course, I don’t like the fact I’m less than a foot away form another man’s exposed dick, but I HAVE TO PISS! It’s nature! Get over it and don’t look. Oddly, the older men had no problem with it. It was us young whippersnappers, coddled with our own rooms and bathrooms, who were cowardly.

The third quarter passed quickly. After the Lions and Little Hawks traded three and out drives, the Lions methodically marched down the field and took the lead after a TD and two-point conversion. With the score 32-26, I was wondering if CHS’ long winning streak would come to an end. However, City High’s running game finally found traction in the fourth with their big running back, who basically sat out every offensive series after the first 12 minutes. The Little Hawk D also clamped down, intercepting Linn-Mar’s versatile QB twice. At the final whistle it was 47-32, and the Little Hawks remain undefeated with one game left in the regular season.

Comments

Popular Posts