Damn you, MySpace!

Here’s what I hate about MySpace: Margie, Bertha, Esther, Joanne, and Dominic all friended me at the exact same minute yesterday. And today — at 2:13 am PST, no less — Kristen and Cheryl friended me. It’s a clear sign that either I’ve become the fancy of desperate and horny women across the county or MySpace has become infested with fake and annoying spam profiles.

Either way, it’s yet another reason why I hate MySpace.

It usually goes down like this: I check my email and find a message from the “place for friends.” The subject will say something like, “[Whore’s name goes here] wants to be your friend!” or whatever it says (I usually delete them right away). Sometimes I know it’s a fake whore, but other times the name is familiar. A name like Allison, Emily, or Erin will make me curious.

“Maybe I really know this person,” I think.

Of course, once I sign on to MySpace and look at my friend request list I realize I’ve been duped again.

Normally I can tell by the profile picture. If it’s some chick’s ass, or a chick wearing lingerie, it’s fake. Sometimes the pic will be a grainy headshot, as if it was taken by a webcam. I investigate those. My profile pic was taken by my iSight cam (though the only part of my head making an appearance is a sliver of my chin). I click on the pic and look at the profile. Things that tip me off are:

1. Their friends include Tom (the guy who is automatically your friend at first) and about 50 guys

2. Underwear or bikini pics (which I have nothing against)

3. Her headline is “I wanna DATE!” or the line “I’m single again” appears somewhere on the profile.

De-nied.

My hopes are dashed. Damn you, MySpace!

If you haven’t noticed, I don’t have much going on on my MySpace profile. No theme, no pictures, no movies. All my personal information was copied from Facebook. I don’t really care about it. The interface and page design is so ugly it reminds me of 1997 (Tripod kicks ass, bi-yotch!).

So what did I do about all those friend requests? I denied them all. Boo-yah.

Comments

Popular Posts