Good Tunes: Saliva, 'After Me'



There are some good tunes from 1995 that I still want to post, but I rediscovered Saliva’s “After Me” today and wanted to share it. I stumbled across it while listening to the band’s Every Six Seconds album on Spotify.

Wow ... I totally forgot about this tune. I checked out Every Six Seconds because it features  “Click Click Boom” and “Your Disease,” and the inclusion of “After Me” was a surprise trip down memory lane. It reminds me of the autumn of 2002. The whole year was horrible, the worst of my life, and a couple hard, angry, depressing songs were released and/or played a lot on Rock 108 during the fall, songs I could easily identify with. (It amazes me how much influence Rock 108 had on the soundtrack to my high school and college years. However, it should not be a surprise given how much I listened to the station back then.) The others have stuck with me, mostly because I hear them often, but I had not heard “After Me” in a long time.

Oddly, it feels good to be reacquainted with it. It evokes November sunsets, which are so prominent and noticeable because the trees have lost their leaves. It’s part of the scene that comes to mind when I listen to the song: I’m in my Jetta, driving to or from my apartment, the radio blasting, the western horizon ablaze with an amazing sunset that provides solace from my depression, from my feeling that the world is after me.

Comments

Popular Posts