Northwestern 74, Iowa 57


You can tell it's a blowout when the commentators stop paying attention to the game. That's what happened before halftime of the Iowa-Northwestern game tonight.

I drove to work today so I could get home in time to watch the game. I told my dad I should have stayed on campus and worked out at the gym. But, it was good to see the Hawks on TV; I hadn't been able to watch them since I flew back to Cali. However, it wasn't good to see them play so flat. I thought the eight day rest would be a blessing, but it turned into a cures. Right now I'm watching the Santa Clara-Gonzaga game, and the analyst made a good point about young players: high schoolers only play 20 games, while college teams play over 30, so all freshman are struggling at this point in the season, trying to adjust to playing ball this late into the winter. The Hawks have been starting three or four freshman all season, so it's no surprise we were so flat.

Four more games (I'm assuming the Hawks will be one-and-done in the Big Ten Tourney) and it's on to next season.

Comments

Popular Posts