Super shaggy

I need a haircut. Badly.


This is, I believe, the longest I have ever let my hair grow. The last time I had it trimmed was January 3rd. The thick, brownblondredgraywavycurlystraight mess on top of my head has mushroomed out of control for the past four months, but on Friday I'm going to get it cut.

Then again, maybe I won't.

It's getting to be a real pain to take care of. In a steady wind it blows all over the place. Depending on how it dries after a shower, it can either be feathered and big, like an afro, or tame and shaggy, like I'm a hippie (which I am, kind of). The left side appears fuller than the right, so I have to keep picking it out with my fingers. The pictures in this post were taken after a windy run.


(I look like a dork in this pic, and a little like Danny Noonan. "Then you don't get no Coke!")

Yet, despite how annoying it is, I like having it this long. When I shake my head it bounces back and forth. I think it's a good look for me, much better than the half inch buzz I had in the summer of 2006. Plus, most other guys have their hair short so it sets me apart. (Why do men always have their hair short? Who the fuck ever said we couldn't let it grow out?)

A weird thing happens whenever I decide to get a haircut: my hair behave and starts to do everything I want it to. For weeks it could be a mess, but days before I visit the barber it cooperates and shows off it's curly, wavy skills. It's done the same the last couple days (the pics don't do it justice).

So what will I decide? Who knows. I'm very indecisive. It'll keep growing no matter what I do (knock on wood).

Comments

Popular Posts