Embarrassing moment of the day

Here’s my embarrassing moment of the day:

During my first break at work I walked to Trader Joe’s to buy a couple energy bars. I’d never bought any before, so I stood admiring the selection and picked two Clif bars (blueberry crisp and peanut toffee buzz) and two Luna bars (s’mores and blueberry yogurt). I was only looking for flavor and price (99 cents, baby). When I took them to the register the cashier said, “So, you eat the Luna bars?”

“Not really,” I said.

He scanned each bar and placed it on the little space where he’d bag them (the cashier counters are very small at TJ’s for some reason). I read the packaging on one of the Luna bars and noticed “The Whole Nutrition Bar for Women” written across the top.

Shit, I thought. I’m such a fucking idiot.

“Cuz you wonder,” the cashier continued, “why they’re especially for women. Like, do they put in some weird vitamins or proteins that only women need?”

I shrugged and handed him a five dollar bill. I leaned over to look at the total on the credit/debit machine and saw he’d punched in $50 for cash tendered. I smiled, hoping he might give me the $46 in change.

“I’ll be correcting the total,” he said. He handed me a one dollar bill and I took the bag full of bars, both girly and manly.

“I thought you were being generous,” I said.

Comments

Popular Posts