The Gems of Sharpless: June 5, 2013

It’s baaaack! The Gems of Sharpless returns after a long hiatus, which is inexplicable, really. Though Sharpless is open year-round, I just stopped going after November. I hope to make it a weekly habit once again, especially since I am in desperate need of blog posts.

On to the gems!


-This speaks for itself. I thought this was corny as hell, but an older couple laughed and reveled in it.


-Yep: a gurney of katanas. You do not see that everyday.


-I am dead sure I have this same lunchbox. I never used it when I was a kid (I always used a Garfield or Duck Tales plastic lunchbox) and have no clue where it is. Anyway, this lunchbox was in the glass case with other items worth a little more than a buck, which makes me want to find my Six Million Dollar Man lunchbox…


-What drives people to obsess about Elvis? I may never know. (Do I want to?)


-A miniature Metrodome, sans roof. This may be a collectable after next season.


-I have never been to Denver so I cannot attest to its cleanliness. I like the spirit, though.


-A tableful of liquor bottles. Having once collected beer bottles, I have no clue why anyone would want to save this stuff. It becomes a big waste of space.


-Speaking of beer bottles, here are some old bottles of Rogue Ales brew. Rogue was founded in 1988, so I assume this is the original logo and depiction of the Rogue.


-Just what I have been looking for all my life! A box of empty, seventy-fifth anniversary Pepsi cans!

Popular Posts