The Gems of Sharpless: June 26, 2013

I was very absentminded last Wednesday and did not make a visit to Sharpless. Grr. I atoned today, though. On to the gems!


-A table full of old beer signs and brewania were front and center, including these Schlitz lamps.


-Also included was this old Schlitz ad. Other than the name of the beer and brewery, I have no clue what the portrait has to do with Schlitz or beer.


-Quite frankly, I think this is probably the dumbest beer-related item I have ever seen. So dumb.


-“Sup, triple OG?”


-Big Red, eh? Looks more like a novelty bottle full of urine.


-The pensive Maytag Man.


-I do not understand why someone would give away old family pictures. I cannot believe someone would not claim them.


-The blood covered yin-yang is a tad tacky, but I like it! It’s just what I have always wanted!


-An old Hawkeye Beer can, featuring a drinking Herky. Also note the “Not associated with University of Iowa” on the other side.


-Whoa! A blast from the past. Does anyone else remember Boom Ball?


-This can of Budweiser Light not only caught my attention because of its age (according to Answers.com, the name was changed to “Bud Light” in 1984), but because it also does not have a pull tab at the top. The only way to open it is to use a churchkey. It is obviously a canning error, though I doubt the can is worth anything.

Popular Posts