The Gems of Sharpless: June 12, 2013

-It was apparently guns day at Sharpless — or at least this collection of guns was on sale. The oldest among them, I believe, were two from 1873: a rifle and a pistol with a shoulder stock.

-There was also a closeout on band instruments.

-A very spiffy looking toy tractor.

-No! (The only people in the world who would own something like this are corporate managers who have their own “team” of people.)

-The reason I took a picture of this is because I thought it was odd someone would have a portrait of Madonna. However, looking at it now I wonder, “What’s with the hanging meats just to the left?”

-I found this brother and sister droll set a little creepy.

-Sometimes I think it is fun to guess the year something was made or designed based on its cover. For this Nerf Ping Pong set, I would guess 1981.

-This Adidas ad from a June 1999 ESPN Magazine naturally caught my attention. Though I do not remember women wearing shorts that short back then.

-ET. Enough said.

-I am pretty sure this was a potato shooter.

-Old shopping carts from the Co-op.

Popular Posts